Information for Commissioners for SaLTs: Benefits for Children and Young People
Once a member of staff in a school has been trained using an Elklan course they are of huge benefit to children because they:
- Understand why it so hard for children and young people with SLCN in the setting.
- Understand the breadth and extent of the children's and young person's communication difficulties, how this affects their learning and their ability to access the curriculum
- Can interact at an appropriate level with children and young people with SEN and SLCN.
- Give the children and young people time to speak and understand the importance of actively listening to the child.
- Can help the children and young people whatever and wherever they are being taught.
- Are able to change the way they speak to children and young people so they understand more of what is said.
- Understand how to help the child and young person with his speaking.
- Can support a child or young person with speech difficulties who has a speech therapy programme to follow.
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online.