Information for Parents and Carers: courses available
Elklan offers the following highly successful Let's talk range of courses for parents. All are accredited through Ascentis at level 1 making them valuable for parents who are also involved in working with children.
Find out more about levels, credits and how qualifications compare in UK and Ireland here.
Click on a course to find out more and search for courses near you:
All of the Let's talk courses are very practical and throughout each session there are opportunities to:
- Think about your child's communication
- Try new ideas
- Choose activities specifically for you
- Discuss a range of issues
- Practise using ideas at home or in the work place
- Gain recognition for taking part in the course by recording your ideas, observations and activities in a booklet. You can gain a certificate from Ascentis. This could help you with employment opportunities. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal.
All the courses are designed to run over 7 weeks, each session lasting 2 hours; they can also be taught in four half day sessions.
Also in this section:
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online.