Speech and Language Support for 5-11s e-learning course, 18th September
Our highly successful accredited training couse, Speech and Language Support for 5-11s, is available through blended web based learning. Uniquely, this have an interactive component of which we are very proud. For one hour a week, participants participate in a lively and informative online discussion led by an experienced Elklan tutor enabling, them to share outcomes with others, adding value to the training experience. Another hour per week is completed online via interactive web-based training.
Participants will receive the same award as if they were completing the course in a more traditional manner. Both courses are accredited at Levels 2 and 3 through Ascentis, an externally quality assured and Ofqual regulated national Awarding Organisation, and learners will receive nine credits at whatever level they chose to study. The Elklan tutor will provide the support learners need to complete a portfolio of evidence.
Course Dates: This course will run on Tuesdays from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. The first session is a meet and greet.
- Welcome: 18th September
- Session 1: 25th September
- Session 2: 2nd October
- Session 3: 9th October
- Session 4: 16th October
- Session 5: 30th October
- Session 6: 13th November
- Session 7: 20th November
- Session 8: 27th November
- Session 9: 4th December
- Session 10: 11th December
Price: £350 (GBP), to include Language Builders and the accreditation fee.
We will refund this sum if your computer system and set up do not meet the requirements and this prevents you from taking our e-learning course.
Find out more about accreditation, levels and credits here.
Please note: All applications are subject to availability; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.
IMPORTANT - Terms and Conditions:
By applying for this course you agree to our Terms and Conditions for Learners.
All cancellations must be made by email.
- Cancellation with more than 30 days notice - 100% refund
- Cancellation with more than 3 weeks notice - 50% refund
- Cancellation with less than 3 weeks notice - no refund full fee applies
Payment must be received prior to the course start date or a valid PO number provided for invoicing.
You may transfer your place on a course to an alternative participant prior to the start date at no extra cost but please inform us of the change.
Failure to attend or complete an e-learning course will not entitle a participant to a refund. The full fee is payable.
Elklan reserves the right to cancel a course at any time without liability. Should this occur, delegates will be given as much notice as possible and will be offered an alternative date, a different course, or a refund of the course fee. Elklan will not be responsible for reimbursing any equipment fees.
Log in or create an account to apply
Don't have an account?
Check if you are eligible to apply for an Elklan E-Learning course and create your account:
Thank you for your interest in Elklan elearning. To be eligilble to apply for our Speech and Language Support for 0-3s and Speech and Language Support for 5-11s online courses you must be able to answer yes to the following questions and successfully complete an Online Systems Check.
FAQs for e-learners (383KB)
Find out whether you are eligible to apply today for our courses by answering the following questions:
- I am currently working or can work with children in an education setting (5-11s) or education or health setting (0-3s). I am aware that the focus of these courses is either on 0-3s or primary aged children depending on which course I study. I know that I can apply if I am not currently working with these age groups but I am aware that this is at my own risk and some areas of interest for me may not be covered.
- I work with children with SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Needs) or I am aware that these courses whilst aiming to support all children especially focus on those with SLCN. I understand that to gain the most from the course it would be better to be supporting children with some speech and language needs.
- I can join a one-hour online tutorial every week for 10 weeks at the same time each week (there may be a choice of exact times).
- I can engage in independent study for up to 4 hours a week. I am aware that this will involve observing children with and without SLCN, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and that I need to spend no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments.
- Are you able to engage in independent study for 4 hours a week? (This will involve observing children with and without SLC, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments)
About your system
- I have a minimum display resolution of 1024 x 786.
Windows users: go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution; Mac OS X users: go to System Preferences > Display to find out.
- I have a webcam and microphone or I will purchase these before starting the e-learning course.
- I currently use or will install one of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.
Elklan elearning is NOT currently supported by Internet Explorer
Sorry! You have not answered 'yes' to one or more of the previous questions, so we do not currently have an e-learning course which meets your needs. More e-learning courses will become available, so please contact us to register your interest in Elklan elearning
You have answered yes to all ten questions and appear to be eligible to apply for an Elklan e-learning course.
Please create an account to continue.