Speech and Language Support for Pupils with SLD e-learning course, 25th November 2020
Our highly successful accredited training course, Speech and Language Support for Pupils with SLD, is available through blended web based learning. Uniquely, this has an interactive component of which we are very proud.
For one hour a week, participants participate in a lively and informative online discussion led by an experienced Elklan tutor enabling them to share outcomes with others, adding value to the training experience. Another hour per week is completed online via interactive web-based training.
Participants will receive the same award as if they were completing the course in a more traditional manner. Both courses are accredited at Levels 2 and 3 through an externally quality assured and Ofqual regulated national Awarding Organisation and learners will receive nine credits at whatever level they chose to study. The Elklan tutor will provide the support learners need to complete a Learning Log.
Find out more about levels, credits and how qualifications compare in UK and Ireland here.
Course Dates: This course will run on Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm to 8:00pm from 25 November to 17 February.
|Welcome||25th November 2020|
|Session 1||2nd December 2020|
|Session 2||9th December 2020|
|Session 3||16th December 2020|
|Session 4||6th January 2021|
|Session 5||13th January 2021|
|Session 6||20th January 2021|
|Session 7||27th January 2021|
|Session 8||3rd February 2021|
|Session 9||10th February 2021|
|Session 10||17th February 2021|
Times shown are as in London (GMT/BST)
Price: £350.00*, to include Language Builders and the accreditation fee.
If you have already purchased the e-learning sessions for SLD, the discounted price of £200.00* will be applied when you log in, right.
We will refund this sum if your computer system and set up do not meet the requirements and this prevents you from taking our e-learning course.
Please note: All applications are subject to availability; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.
IMPORTANT - Terms and Conditions for Learners and Cancellation Policy:
- Please download the Terms & Conditions in PDF format here.
- Please download the Cancellation Policy in PDF format here.
* Price excludes VAT.
- Includes anytime access to the e-learning sessions for ten weeks
- No previous qualification required
- Resource e-book
- External Accreditation with a 9 credit Award on successful completion
- Live weekly tutorial webinars with an Elklan Tutor
- Learning Log to complete
- Targeted strategies for specific age range
- Discuss and share with other learners
Log in or create an account to apply
Don't have an account?
Check if you are eligible to apply for an Elklan E-Learning course and create your account:
Thank you for your interest in Elklan e-learning. To be eligilble to apply for our online courses you must be able to answer yes to the following questions and successfully complete an Online Systems Check.
Find out whether you are eligible to apply today for our courses by answering the following questions:
- I am currently working or can work with children in an education setting (5-11s) or education or health setting (0-3s). I am aware that the focus of these courses is either on 0-3s or primary aged children depending on which course I study. I know that I can apply if I am not currently working with these age groups but I am aware that this is at my own risk and some areas of interest for me may not be covered.
- I work with children with SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Needs) or I am aware that these courses whilst aiming to support all children especially focus on those with SLCN. I understand that to gain the most from the course it would be better to be supporting children with some speech and language needs.
- I can join a one-hour online tutorial every week for 10 weeks at the same time each week (there may be a choice of exact times).
- I can engage in independent study for up to 4 hours a week. I am aware that this will involve observing children with and without SLCN, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and that I need to spend no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments.
- Are you able to engage in independent study for 4 hours a week? (This will involve observing children with and without SLC, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments)
About your system
- I have a minimum display resolution of 1024 x 786.
Windows users: go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution; Mac OS X users: go to System Preferences > Display to find out.
- I have a webcam and microphone or I will purchase these before starting the e-learning course.
- I currently use or will install one of the following web browsers: Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.
Elklan elearning is NOT currently supported by Internet Explorer
Sorry! You have not answered 'yes' to one or more of the previous questions, so we do not currently have an e-learning course which meets your needs. More e-learning courses will become available, so please contact us to register your interest in Elklan elearning
You have answered yes to all ten questions and appear to be eligible to apply for an Elklan e-learning course.
Please create an account to continue.