Courses for Parents and Carers: Let's Talk with Under 5s
A practical training course for parents, carers (including child minders) and pre-school practitioners wanting some key skills and knowledge. Completion of this course can lead to exploring the issues involved in more depth by attending our Speech and Language Support for 0-3s or Speech and Language Support for 3-5s ten week courses.
Delivered by local tutors throughout the UK it gives practical advice and strategies which are also suitable for children with English as an additional language and other special educational needs. This course has helped many parents of young children maximise their child's communication potential and ensure they are ready for school.
What will participants receive?
A certificate for the Let’s Talk with Under 5s course accredited by an externally quality assured and Ofqual regulated national Awarding Organisation. The accreditation gained will be 3 credits at level 1. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal. In addition you will receive:
- teaching from qualified speech and language therapists and or an experienced practitioner;
- opportunities to discuss ideas to help children learn to listen, understand and talk;
- information about communication difficulties children can experience;
- opportunities to meet other pre-school practitioners, parents and carers;
- information about normal speech and language development; and
- an illustrated workbook full of practical tips and ideas which provides a rich source of individualised strategies and information to support a specific child.
What do others say?
How much does it cost?
Contact us for up to date prices.
What does the course teach?
Who can teach the course?
The courses have been written so that speech and language therapists and teaching advisors can teach it in their locality under license. Click for more informationon becoming an Elklan Tutor. This opportunity is now being extended to practitioners. If you have completed our ten week courses Speech and Language Support for 3-5s or Speech and Language Support for 0-3s and have achieved at level 3 you could train to deliver Let’s Talk with Under 5s. Click here for more information on becoming an Elklan Let's Talk Tutor.