Courses for Parents and Carers: Let's Talk with Special Children
A practical training course for parents, carers (including child minders) and pre- practitioners wanting some key skills and knowledge when supporting children who have delayed general development and who are not talking yet. Completion of this course can lead to exploring the issues involved in more depth by attending our Communication Support for 0-25s with Complex Needs eight-week course.
Delivered by local tutors throughout the UK it gives practical advice and strategies which have helped many parents of children with special needs understand the complexity of their child’s communication difficulty and give them knowledge of how to help.
What do participants receive?
A certificate for the Let’s Talk with Special Children course accredited by an externally quality assured and Ofqual regulated national Awarding Organisation. The accreditation gained will be 3 credits at level 1. This could help you with employment opportunities. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal. In addition you will receive:
- teaching from qualified speech and language therapists and or an experienced practitioner
- Opportunities to discuss ideas to help children learn to listen, understand and talk
- Information about communication difficulties children can experience
- Opportunities to meet other pre-school practitioners, parents and carers
- Information about normal speech and language development
- An illustrated workbook full of practical tips and ideas which provides a rich source of individualised strategies and information to support a specific children
What do learners say?
How much does it cost?
Contact us for up to date prices.
What does the course teach?
Who can teach the course?
The courses have been written so that speech and language therapists and teaching advisors can teach it in their locality under license. Click for more informationon becoming an Elklan Tutor. This opportunity is now being extended to practitioners. If you have completed our ten week course Communication Support for Children with Severe or Complex Needs and have achieved at level 3 you could train to deliver Let’s Talk with Special Children. Click here for more information on becoming an Elklan Let's Talk Tutor.