Courses for Parents: Let's Talk with Young People with SLD
A practical training course for parents, carers and practitioners working with adults and young people with learning difficulties wanting some key skills and knowledge. It is particularly relevant to carers in residential settings.
Delivered by local tutors throughout the UK it gives practical advice and strategies. This course has helped parents and carers to maximise the communication potential of young people both at home and in a range of other settings.
What will participants receive?
You can simply attend the course by there is an option to gain accreditation of 6 credits at Level 2 from an external awarding body. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal.
In addition you will receive:
- Teaching from a qualified speech and language therapist and or an experienced practitioner
- Information about communication difficulties adults and young people with learning difficulties can experience
- Opportunities to discuss ideas to help young people with learning difficulties to listen, understand and talk
- Opportunities to meet other practitioners, parents and carers
- An illustrated book full of practical tips and ideas which provides a rich source of strategies and information.
How is it delivered?
This course is designed to be delivered over five weekly sessions each two hours long. The course uses interactive teaching methods, practical activities, videos and group discussion.
How much does it cost?
Contact us for up to date prices.