Information for Schools as Commissioners: Benefits for Pupils
Once a member of staff in a school has been trained using an Elklan course they are of huge benefit to pupils because they:
- Understand why it so hard for pupils with SLCN at school
- Understand the breadth and extent of pupils's communication difficulties, how this affects their learning and their ability to access the curriculum
- Can interact at an appropriate level with pupils with SEN and SLCN.
- Give the pupils time to speak and understand the importance of actively listening to the pupil.
- Can help the pupils whatever and wherever they are being taught.
- Are able to change the way they speak to pupils so they understand more of what is said.
- Understand how to help the pupil with his speaking.
- Can support a pupil with speech difficulties who has a speech therapy programme to follow.
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online