Information for SaLTs: Benefits of using Elklan training in service delivery
Once a member of staff in a school or Early Years setting has been trained using an Elklan course they are of huge benefit because they:
- Can liaise efficiently with the SaLT service.
- Both SaLT's and the staff share a common language so reducing time needed to explain information and thus improving efficiency.
- Understand why they are being asked to support a child in a specific way
- Know how to modify their interactions with the children
- Change the way they speak to children so they understand more of what is said
- Use modelling to encourage talking
- Understand the development of speech sounds and why children have problems, they are taught simple strategies to help the child.
- Know how to support a child with interaction difficulties
- Don't need to refer every child to speech and language therapy. They can manage some children themselves and know which need to be seen for more assessment
Also in this section:
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online.