Phoneme Factory Set
£163.00 plus VAT and postage | view postage rates
£195.60 inc. VAT
A range of activities to develop children’s listening and discrimination of speech sounds.
by Dr Yvonne Wren & Professor Sue Roulstone,
Bristol Speech & Language Therapy Research Unit
This software programme provides a range of activities to develop children’s listening and discrimination of speech sounds. The Phoneme Factory Phonology Screener included in this set identifies specific pre-set activities on the SoundSorter to use with a particular child. Alternatively it can be used by speech and language therapists to customise activities for a child’s specific pattern of speech sound errors through the selection of targets, contrasts, word position and other settings.
SoundSorter is aimed at children aged between 4 and 8 and:
- Contains age-appropriate activities to develop a child’s listening and awareness of sounds in speech.
- Provides busy teachers, SENCO’s and LSA’s with easy configuration, accessibility and record keeping options, consistent with common error patterns seen in young children’s speech.
- Provides speech and language therapists with the option for more complex configurations for those children who are using unusual speech sound errors.
Phonology Screener consists of:
- Child Assessment – assesses the child’s production of consonants and consonant clusters at the beginnings and ends of words and identifies the numbers of syllables produced by the child in multisyllabic words.
- Phoneme Ready Reckoner – helps users distinguish between similar speech sounds used in the response options to the Screener.
- Teacher training – contains practice screens for the user to work through prior to screening a child.
- Reporting – delivers robust assessment results on the child’s phonological errors in relation to his or her age and recommends customised intervention activities to use from the SoundSorter software as well as guidance on whether or not the child needs referral to speech and language therapy.
- Administration – multiple user capabilities and secure, efficient record-keeping
The Phoneme Factory works! For evidence click here.
Order securely online today
We accept Mastercard, Visa and Visa Debit cards or invoice for organisations.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
There may be a short delay before your review is published on our site.